Gustavsberg was a porcelain manufacturer founded 1826 in Gustavsberg, Sweden and in production until the 1990s. Amongst its renowned designers who worked for the company were Wilhelm Kåge, Stig Lindberg, Josef Ekberg and Berndt Friberg. Wilhelm Kåge was appointed artistic leader of Gustavsberg in 1917, remaining there until 1949, when he was succeeded by Stig Lindberg. Kåge most successful design was the green-glazed "Argenta" collection, stoneware with decorations in silver. Lindberg created whimsical studio ceramics and graceful tableware lines for Gustavsberg until 1980.
The Gustavsberg Porcelain Museum is an art, design and industrial history museum in Gustavsberg, which has its origins in objects gradually preserved from the factory production. It has been open to the public since 1956. The basic exhibitions show the history of porcelain from an international perspective, porcelain manufacture in Gustavsberg since the early 1800s, designs of Gustav's Studio.